Be Part of Burnsville's Events and Activities!
The City of Burnsville's Recreation Department has a number of opportunities available for you to show off your business or organization – while helping support a great community event.
Party on the Plaza
We’re “shaking up the summer” with a new all-ages, family-friendly multi-week summer festival series in Burnsville! We need event sponsors interested in getting in on the ground level who can help make the new “Party on the Plaza” a reality.
Party on the Plaza will be held select Thursdays in June and July and will be an opportunity to celebrate our great community with a day-long street fair in and around Nicollet Commons Park and the Ames Center Plaza. It will include mobile food vendors, craft and market vendors, live music, entertainment and much more.
For information on how to be part of this new and exciting event, please contact a member of Burnsville's Recreation Department:
- Sponsorship: JJ Ryan - email or call 952-895-4617 | Sponsorship Information Flyer (PDF)
- Food Vendors: Scott Heitkamp - email or call 952-895-4616
- Craft/Market/Other Vendors: Deb Cobbins - email or call 952-895-4501
- Entertainment: David Erdall - email or call 952-895-4514
- Volunteers: Amber Jacobson - email or call 952-895-4575
To be included in event promotional materials, return the necessary applications/agreements and provide the Recreation Department with company logos by:
- February 15 (for print and electronic materials)
- April 15 (for electronic materials)
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
- Food Truck Festival
- Friday Night Flicks on the Bricks
- Halloween Fest
- Adult 62+ Events
- Youth and Family Recreation Activities
Additional opportunities may be available. View the Recreation Times magazine to view current programs and events. The Recreation Sponsorship brochure (PDF) details sponsorship costs and promotional benefits.
How to Apply to Become a Sponsor
- Contact the Recreation Department 952-895-4500 to discuss available opportunities
- Complete the Sponsorship Agreement
- Supply the Recreation Department with any necessary information such as company logos
To be included in all event promotional materials, return the sponsorship agreement and necessary logos by:
- February 15 (for events occurring March - September)
- September 20 (for events occurring October - February)
Please contact the Recreation Department at 952-895-4500 to review the City's full "Sponsorship and Advertising Policy."
- All sponsorships and advertisements shall be consistent with the City's mission and values and will not compromise or contradict any ordinance or policy of the City, or reflect negatively on the City's public image.
- No advertising for firearms, liquor products, tobacco products, political or religious persons or organizations, or sexually oriented products or stores shall be permitted on or within public facilities or property, or in City publications. Companies who are in the primary business of selling liquor or tobacco products may advertise in City printed publications other than those concerning City park, recreation or youth programs.
- Sponsorship and advertising proposals will be reviewed and evaluated by the City. The City reserves the right to reject any sponsorship.
- The City reserves the right to terminate an existing sponsorship or advertising agreement in the best interests of the City.